Importing Requests from OpenAPI/Swagger
WebSurge allows you to import OpenAPI or Swagger REST Service definitions to make it quick and easy to set up new requests.
You can import from:
- A OpenAPI/Swagger endpoint URL
- A OpenAPI/Swagger Schema file on disk
- An OpenAPI/Swagger Schema from the Clipboard
Here's what an import looks like:
The import process is self-explanatory.
An OpenAPI/Swayyer import picks up the following information for requests:
- The Request Url
- The HTTP Verb
- The Http Content for POST and PUT requests
- A Title if available
POST/PUT content is picked up by parsing the schema for mapped types to provide generated sample data. The rules for this are as follows:
- Url Parameters are provided as
- JSON Objects are created as objects with default type data
- XML Objects are created as object with default type data
- UrlEncoded content is created as key value pairs
WebSurge's import does not import Http Headers, but will create Content Type headers for the relevant POST/PUT content.
Comment or report problem with topic